Monday, September 3, 2018

Topic Brainstorm


Weapons of the Gods

                I’m excited to dive into this topic and discover the different weapons that were created and used in the epics. It caught my attention that special weapons were made for humans as well and I wondered whether the weapons were made because of the human’s actions, or if they were strictly for the benefit of the maker. The Pasha is interesting because it seems to be used for binding humans as well as animals during hunting. Was it given just to benefit the human? I’ll find out soon enough!


 

Epic Battles

                I think it would be pretty interesting to see how these battles unfold. What really caught my attention was the inclusion of animals in the battles. It makes me wonder if the animals had allegiance to one or the other side, or if they were somehow controlled or enslaved to fight. I’m also interested in finding out what made the Kshatriya the “ruling class” of the varna.


 

Food

How could I not at least consider food? All joking aside, I love to learn about cultural food! The different uses and reasons for food amazes me. In my daily life, people choose food that they like or that is cheap. In the epics, food is chosen based off of its properties or the benefit that it will provide them. Like the Kheer that was used by Dasharatha to have four children! When I think of Kheer, I think of when I was in Mongolia and during a major festival they would drink fermented mare’s milk.


 

Yakshas

                I’d like to read more about this topic and find out exactly what makes them different from anyone else. I understand that they have special abilities, but were they human at one point? If so, I’m interested in seeing how they change was made and why they were chosen. If not, where did they come from? Also, how they treat the humans and if they are all for or against or split with the humans. Kubera is a good example of the answers I’m looking for. Where did he come from and what is his goal?



Which one should I do??

No comments:

Post a Comment