Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Week 8 Reading and Writing

We're half way through the semester! Going back and looking at my notes, it is interesting to see how I translated my notes to a story. One thing I noticed is that I like to change a lot of the story. I use the foundation, but not much more. I'd like to try and stick closer to the origin and see where that goes. I would say that writing isn't one of my strong points. What I like about these blog posts is that they are all different and contain new material each post. It makes it nice to split up all of the writing instead of writing eight to ten pages on a broad topic. That's part of the reason I chose a portfolio. I was worried that I'd stall out and run out of ideas to finish up a long story. I love seeing how others are writing their stories and seeing how they carry them on week after week.


I like this image because the story of Amba talks about how distraught she was and how she had really let herself go and did not care about anything other than her revenge. When I read about her appearance, I imagined this but with more matted hair. To me it is a lesson about focusing on bettering myself rather than letting myself go trying to get revenge on someone else.

I look forward to writing more stories and using my notes in different ways so that I can understand which technique fits me better and produces better writing. Instead of straying so far from the story and my notes, I'll try making smaller changes and see how creative I can get with the characters. Happy midterms!

No comments:

Post a Comment